Produced by the Kripalu Yoga Teachers Association (KYTA), the Seva CD series includes tracks ranging from meditative to uplifting to joyously exuberant, which together evoke what it’s like to spend a day at Kripalu. Learn more about the inception of the Seva CD series.
The musicians who contributed to the project donated their work, thus giving the CD its name (seva is Sanskrit for “selfless service”). A portion of the proceeds from the purchase of each CD goes to Teaching for Diversity, a Kripalu-sponsored grant program for bringing yoga to underserved populations.
Seva CD 2008 features atmospheric music from Chris Brenne and Mark Kelso; soulful song from Wah!, Bhavani Lorraine Nelson, and Rich Goodhart; transporting kirtan from Sruti Ram and Ishwari—and, of course, totally danceable drumming by KDZ.
- “Dusty’s Girl” from Lady of the Spice Lands, by Chris Brenne
- “Midnight Raga” from Eight, by John de Kadt
- “Bajanam Bali” from Lotus Feet, by David Newman (Durga Das)
- “See Me Beautiful”, by Bhavani Lorraine Nelson
- “Krishna Govinda” from Fire of Devotion, by Sruti Ram and Ishwari
- “Show up and Be Heard” from Opium, by Wah!
- “Firetruck” from Slang Rhythm Speak, by KDZ: The Kripalu Drummers
- “Embrace” from In The Moment, by Mark Kelso
- “A Dream It Was Thought I” from Earth Spiral Water Sound, by Rich Goodhart